|Noisebridge | About | Visit | 272 | Manual | Contact Us | Guilds | Stuff | Events | Projects | NB14 | 5MoF | Meetings | Donate | E|
|Visitors | Getting Here | Getting In | Accessibility | Hours | Kids | Tour | Greeters | Docents | Starving | No sleeping | Neighborhood | Bay Area | Guestbook | 272 Capp St Facilities | Edit|
|Noisebridge tour starts here! You can follow this tour guide yourself or use it to guide others.|
- 1 Noisebridge tour starts here!
- 2 How Noisebridge Works
- 3 Resource Stations
- 4 This tour is under development
- 5 Work to finish updating the tour experience and content
- 5.1 Vending
- 5.2 Library
- 5.3 Fox Lounge
- 5.4 Collaboration Station
- 5.5 Gaming Archive
- 5.6 3D Printing/Fabrication Area
- 5.7 Electronics Area
- 5.8 Sewing and Crafting Area
- 5.9 Dirty Shop
- 5.10 Sparkleforge/Clean Shop
- 5.11 Facilities
- 5.12 Audio Research Area
- 5.13 Turing Room
- 5.14 Church Room
- 5.15 VR Holodeck
- 5.16 The Noisebridge Manual
- 5.17 Resource Stations
- 5.18 Resources
- 5.19 To add to the tour and space
Noisebridge tour starts here!
This is a work-in-progress guided tour of Noisebridge to assist new people exploring themselves or wanting to give tours.
How Noisebridge Works
This tour is under development
For now, ask someone in the physical space to give you a tour or explore the existing wiki content.
Work to finish updating the tour experience and content
Things to be added to this tour:
A guided walkthrough of the stations:
Vending Machine with hacker doodads and a donations-based snack and drink fridge.
A Library full of books. There is also a collection of tabletop games.
The Digital Archivists are responsible for organizing the library, scanning books, and creating digital collections.
Lounge Area. Great for meetups, tabletop games, and relaxing, semi-private workspace.
- CollaborationStation Machine
- Project Shelves
An area to engage with historical games content.
- Noisebridge Gaming Archivists meet here on Friday evenings.
- The Noisebridge Gaming Archivists are all about the preservation, modification and enjoyment of video games of yore! Come hang out, play games, mod systems, make chiptunes or just chat.
- NGALAC - Noisebridge Gaming Archivists Live Arcade Cabinet
- Consoles and Games Shelf
- Racing Station
3D Printing/Fabrication Area
Sewing and Crafting Area
- water filters
- coffee/tea makers
- cleaning supplies
Audio Research Area
An area for experimenting with VR, AR, and games tech.
- Gamebridge Unityversity is taught here, Tuesdays @ 7pm.
- Gamebridge Unityversity is a weekly Unity game dev meetup and beginner-friendly class for anyone who wants to learn programming, game design, art, music, and how to teach game dev. All skill levels and kinds of game devs are welcome.
The Noisebridge Manual
Read the Manual to learn how Noisebridge works:
- The Intro Poster content made into a clear poster or across several next to each other
- How Noisebridge works
- How to participate
- How to donate for 24 hour access as philanthropist and eventually member
- What you can do at Noisebridge
Explore Noisebridge's many resource stations and scan the codes on the signs to learn more about each station's activities including how to use equipment and attend classes.
Noisebridge contains several resources that are at the physical space and in virtual space. These are available to both members and the general public.
A complete list of our resources is on our Resources page.
Project Spaces and Resources
- Fab mailing list - All things related to fab tools at Noisebridge, laser cutter, Makerbot, RepRap, CNC mill
- Laser Cutter
- 3D Printing
- Vinyl cutter
- Button maker
Sources for project components
To add to the tour and space
- More tour guide signage
- Posters on walls of classrooms and front calendar board listing classes taught
- Audio/video tour of each station edited into a nice short video tour of the whole space.
- Integrate tour with touch screen kiosk in the entrance