|Line 6:||Line 6:|
Revision as of 05:06, 7 November 2013
I'm a theoretical physicist, software developer, and musician, currently living in Austin, TX. I'm out in SF quite a bit though.
I have a PhD in theoretical physics from UT Austin, and a BS in physics from UC San Diego. My doctoral research dealt with building string theoretic models of QCD-like quantum field theories at strong coupling, via the AdS/CFT correspondence. You can read all about it here (warning: hella taylor expansions).
- vForms is a virtual environment for information organization for Windows 8 (sorry like 99.999% of the people reading this). C++ and DirectX. Ask me about it!
- String Theory
- The holographic perspective on quantum entanglement entropy, and its implications for space/time emergence (ie the program spearheaded by Von Raamsdonk, and of course ER=EPR)
- Machine Learning
- Statistical Mechanics (I'm particularily interested in learning about/implementing boltzmann machines, and their applications to real-world systems -- eg work by Bialek. See also his textbook)
- Kundalini Yoga
- Rational (ie phenomenological) discussion of mysticism in general
- High Explosives
- Learning Python
- Cinder (creative coding library)
- Cooking (mostly Chinese and Mexican)
- Open Access Publishing
- Co-operative living