Difference between revisions of "User:Fineline"
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
== Contact ==
== Contact ==
Revision as of 00:30, 8 December 2014
I'm a theoretical physicist, software developer, and musician. I just moved to SF.
I have a PhD in theoretical physics from UT Austin, and a BS in physics from UC San Diego. My doctoral research dealt with building string theoretic models of QCD-like quantum field theories at strong coupling, via the AdS/CFT correspondence. You can read all about it here (warning: hella taylor expansions).
- vForms is a virtual environment for information organization for Windows 8 (sorry like 99.999% of the people reading this). C++ and DirectX.
Update I'll be presenting an initial version at 5MoF on May 15th. I'm aiming to have it released by June 1st on the windows store.
- I'd like to investigate the feasibility of using techniques similar to Loop and Blinn for a) rendering bezier splines, in particular digital ink strokes. b) making a fast, resolution independent pdf renderer. Both GLSL and HLSL versions. If this sounds interesting to any DirectX/OpenGL/CG hackers out there, it'd be great to see if we could release something substantial as open source.
Update 5/6/2014: I found this, which should be good for study. Also this.
- I'm often working on some sort of quantum-gravity-related research project or other. If any of you guys wanna check my math that would be rad.
- String Theory
- The holographic perspective on quantum entanglement entropy, and its implications for space/time emergence (ie the program spearheaded by Von Raamsdonk, and of course EPR=ER)
- Machine Learning
- Statistical Mechanics (I'm particularily interested in learning about/implementing boltzmann machines, and their applications to real-world systems -- eg work by Bialek. See also his textbook)
- Kundalini Yoga
- Rational (ie phenomenological) discussion of mysticism in general
- High Explosives
- Learning Python
- Cinder (creative coding library), and its application towards virtual workspace environment design on tablets and in augmented reality.
- Cooking (mostly Chinese and Mexican)
- Open Access Publishing
- Co-operative living
Evolution of non-local observables in an expanding boost-invariant plasma (forthcoming)