I'm a theoretical physicist, software developer, and musician, currently living in Austin, TX. I'm out in SF quite a bit though.
I have a PhD in theoretical physics from UT Austin, and a BS in physics from UC San Diego. My doctoral research dealt with building string theoretic models of QCD-like quantum field theories at strong coupling, via the AdS/CFT correspondence. You read all about it here (warning: hella taylor expansions).
@fineline179 on twitter
- vForms is virtual environment for information organization for windows 8 (lol sorry like 99.999% of people reading this). Ask me about it!
- String Theory
- The holographic perspective on quantum entanglement entropy, and its implications for space/time emergence (ie the program spearheaded by Von Raamsdonk, and of course ER=EPR)
- Machine Learning
- Statistical Mechanics (I'm particularily interested in learning about/implementing boltzmann machines, and their applications to real-world systems -- eg work by Bialek. See also his textbook)
- Kundalini Yoga
- Rational (ie phenomenological) discussion of mysticism in general
- High Explosives
- Learning Python
- Cooking (mostly Chinese and Mexican)
The Stability of Non-Extremal Conifold Backgrounds with Sources The Non-SUSY Baryonic Branch: Soft Supersymmetry Breaking of N=1 Gauge Theories Plasticity and learning in a network of coupled phase oscillators Multi-user communication using chaotic frequency modulation