m (Protected "User:Flamsmark": My profile, my rules. ([edit=sysop] (indefinite) [move=sysop] (indefinite)))
Revision as of 18:30, 18 September 2012
- Email me, I'm quite responsive: Tom Lowenthal <email@example.com>
- Most of the time, Jabber is faster: firstname.lastname@example.org [OTR info]
- 2071 D92C 7B75 CBBE 6808 76AB B574 8967 80AF 07D3
Being a User
SSH Public Key
$ sudo adduser --gecos 'Tom L' --shell /bin/bash --uid 8665 flamsmark
My utopia lacks a Noisbridge board. To that end, I fully support adapting our by-laws to remove the board. Until that lofty goal is reached, the board should avoid even the appearance of interference in Noisebridge's affairs.
If elected to the board, I pledge:
- to resist the dark-side's tempting urge to use my mighty and awesome board-powers;
- to cease working on matters of Noisebridge management, including the Policy Wonks (for the duration of my time on the board);
- to relinquish my ability to block consensus (for the duration of my time on the board);
- neither to moderate, nor to scribe for a Noisebridge meeting (for the duration of my time on the board);
- never again to accept nomination for, nor to serve on Noisebride's board;
- nor to hold any officer position at Noisebridge (for the duration of my time on the board); and
- to execute the consensus of Noisebridge without let or hindrance as a board member.
I hope that any candidate for election to the board takes a similar pledge.
Let me be clear: I do not want to be elected to the board. I would much rather work on improving Noisebridge by Doing Things. However, I think that the board should not Do Things, because danger Will Robinson.
I solemnly swear that I am not now nor have I ever been a machine intelligence.