Kathy Richardson I'm a Techie and an Artist. I mostly create stuff. Passionate about women in technology, personal technology and creating.
I'm the major force behind http://anitasquilt.org - a story project supporting and inspiring women in technology. Expect to spend a lot of time at NoiseBridge January 2014 working on Anita's Quilt with an intern. Have goal to create a small workshop leveraging the Quilt stories, and hope to be able to share that with the NoiseBridge community.
Used to work on big enterprise infrastructure, now I play in the tablet space. Working on a few personal apps.
Anita Borg Institute, Advisory Board member
- Grace Hopper Conference committee 1997, 2000, 2002, 2004
- ABI Technical Leadership Award Committee chair 2003-2009
- Anita's Quilt - Chief Quilter
- Systers summer of code mentor
Active in the local women technology space.
- Startup Weekend: winning social impact project -->TedXwomen showcase: Women Health, Mobile project to fight domestic violence in India slums
- CodeChix member
- Women Who Code
- ESPN-Women Coding weekend - Project lead
- Science Hackday
Personal technology interests: phone and tablet technologies to build long term motivation and engagement. Specific application towards occupation rehabilitation from brain injuries.
On my way to becoming a NoiseBridge member....
Here is a list of steps people usually complete as they become part of the Noisebridge community. All are optional, and they may be completed in any order.
- Enter Noisebridge
- Ask someone to give you a tour
- Ask them how they learned about Noisebridge
- Attend a Weekly Meeting
Create a Wiki User Account Create a user page. Copy this to-do list to your user page. Strike out the tasks you've accomplished.
- Join a like-minded Mailinglist
- Send a message introducing yourself
- Try and comprehend our particular flavor of collectivist anarchy by reading the Hours page.
- Don't worry if it seems a bit strange.
- Clean up something that needs cleaning
- Befriend a member.
- Ask her to set you up with a Door code
- Be excellent in a new and surprising way
- Get a proper tour of the Dirty / Wood shop.
- Don't be afraid of the scary tools.
- Fingers grow back, right?
- Attend Circuit Hacking Monday
- Meet Mitch
- Buy a kit and build it.
- Take a class
- Learn how to use the Jukebox
- Play some awesome music.
- Rock out.
- Set up a recurring donation
- Create an account on Pony, our illustrious file server
- Poke around. Find some lulz.
- Upload new lulz.
- Become familiar with where we as a community have been by listening to Rubin drone on about the histories of Noisebridge
- Edit a wiki page that could use some improvement
- Add something to this list
- Learn to use the vinyl cutter
- Make a sticker for your laptop.
- Make a sticker for somebody else's laptop
- Learn how to use the sewing machines
- Learn to use the Lasercutter
- Learn to use the 3d printers
- Give a class
- Give a newcomer a tour
- Apply for Membership
- Get a Hackerspace Passport
- Add a Noisebridge visa
- Help out other more newbie newbies
- Hack the planet