I'm another person named Alexander 也叫蒯乐赞, but if there are too many Alex/Xander/Alexanders, as there often are, I go by Lex or Leks. I live in Oakland and go to Ace Monster Toys more than Noisebridge.
I'd love to get Mandarin Corner going again but there doesn't seem to be enough interest. I'm also interested in the darkroom; I'd love to get back into printing color...keeping my eyes peeled for a developer.
For fun, I like
- riding and repairing and learning about bicycles
- photography (digital and analog... documentary, landscape, long exposure, panoramas)
- 学习中文（是个文学士） and other languages in general (want to learn Arabic and Lojban)
- word games (especially Scrabble), Go, Chinese Chess
- using and messing with OS X and Linux
- good coffee, but more often green tea
Would like to learn more about...
- electricity, since I barely understand how these things I use all the time work on a physical level.
- internal combustion engines and how to take care of them and the vehicles they're in
- machine learning, genetic algorithms
- lockpicking is interesting stuff that I don't know much about.
Also interested in, to differing degrees,
- art... visual, music, kinetic sculptures, )'( stuff
- environment... recycling, efficiency
- philosophy/religion... Buddhism, free will, physicalism
- law... human rights, privacy, copyright
- fire... everyone likes fire
- booze... bourbon, beer
- email: alxndr at teh gmails
- IRC: leks on freenode (occasionally aka alxndr or drwxrxrx)