Revision as of 16:20, 23 June 2013 by Romyilano
I like to build things. I'm a member of Oakland's SudoRoom and am learning 3D printing there as well. http://www.sudoroom.org
- I'm helping out with the Noisebridge Beginning 3D printing group - 3DPrintBeginners
What do I Offer
- I like to have fun, I guarantee you I am fun
- I speak German (fluently), beginning Japanese and Russian
- I can draw things. I will help you draw things.
- I love programming iphone apps. there are very few of us and we get ganged up on a lot. stick with me and we can do great things. I like to make great products
- I'm into nerd skateboarding. Involve me in something that is not part of any commercial skate shop, mainstream skate scene. Do not talk to me about longboarding.
- I'm into nerd snowboarding. Do not pretend that there is a place for me in the commercial snowboarding scene. be nice and teach me things.
- Collaborate with me
- teach me something, I will teach you back
- Help me improve noisebridge
- teach me how to skate without mansplaining or using me to promotey our incredibly talented skate career
- make stuff with me
- Do not talk endlessly to me about some neat start-up or amazing projects or websites for kickstarter projects, it is especially offensive if you are not involving me directly in your project. There are other people who have the time to help you promote your kickstarter project. you should pay them. it's called marketing <3 it usually costs more than inventing something and producing it. You do not "deserve" millions of dollars becuasey ou can produce a decent hack. Most of the reason people get millions of dollars is because they are strong product, not technology, people and plow a lot of money into marketing and advertising. Often the toughest thing about making a great software or hardware product is making something that is stable, bug proof and sustainable that a team of non techie people can work on without you. Great product companies are run by people you consider boring suits and office slaves who do all the sh***work you feel you are too smart to do. I do not go to you expecting you to code stuff for me for free, do not come to me expecting me to do free marketing and publicity for all your projects.
- Do not try to influence me to develop android products, I am an iOS Developer.
- Do not use me as a platform to advertise the latest start-up
- Do not involve me in your political platforms, leftist movements, social justice issues. I do not work in politics.
- I am not into amateur psychological experiments. Save that for other people. I have had the "best of the best" and it is really boring and tiresome. If you really must why don't you look in the mirror and experiment on yourself?
- I will not de facto connect you to rich and powerful people. if i could do that do you think i'd be as poor as i am now? do not approach me assuming you can use me to get access to someone who is "important"
- Do not try to use me to advertise a private company /restaraunt / non-profit / political organization. If you are being paid to do so please provide full disclosure. I can sniff that stuff out pretty well. Often I will deliberately avoid visiting a legitmiately good restaraunt / cafe / music festival if someone is being paid to promote it. This is marketing 101