Revision as of 08:28, 14 November 2013 by 184.108.40.206
I'm lazy, so you can find all that PGP and OTR stuff here.
- Primary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Easier-to-remember email: email@example.com
- Riseup email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dumbphone: 1-3143970911
- Twitter: @unhush
- Current Location / Blog: here you go
Incomplete and infrequently-updated lists of interests:
- Cosmology: I helped build telescopes for measuring CMB polarization at the South Pole.
- Dark matter: For some years I looked for it.
- Quantum computation: I've written some simple simulation code for Adiabatic Quantum Computation. But mostly this stuff is just fun. Did you know you can search an unsorted list in sublinear time using quantum systems?
- General relativity / gravitational waves: "Spacetime tells matter how to move, matter tells spacetime how to bend."
- Quantum theory: Sadly I haven't gotten around to learning QFT yet.
- Computer stuff
- Complexity theory and computability: Scott Aaronson taught me most of what I know about this.
- Cryptography: The first thing I ever did in a real programming language was implement RSA in Scheme. I dunno a whole lot about crypto, but Coursera is helpful. Teach me things.
- Network engineering: Would like to learn more about this, am trying but keep falling asleep.
- Internet security/privacy: As part of the Gnome OPW program, I'm interning for the EFF in Summer 2013.
- Open science / open journal access: I run this open science group.
- Free Bradley Manning: This meeds to be fixed ASAP. Ugghhh.
- Anarchist theory and feminist theory: Really, I just want people to be excellent to each other and not be all oppressive and stuff.
- Educating people about computer security: ping me if there's something I can help with!
- Veganism: I'm vegan unless it's going to go to waste. Mainly for sustainability.
- Rock climbing: Top-rope/bouldering, mostly indoors.
- Running long distances: I did like 50 miles per week for years; lately my body keeps breaking.
- Hiking: Big Sur, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Utah Canyonlands, White Mountains, the South Florida swamps, etc.
- Crowdsourcing: Particularly interested in exploring this as a self-sustaining way to empower/educate large numbers of people.
- Crowsourcing: I'm the founder of http://www.crowsource.org/.
- Hot sauce: Is tasty
- Burning Man: I run a camp.
- Writing: I write non-fiction poetry.
- Jazz composition: I used to write chamber music and then moved onto jazz composition/arranging. Am really into polyrhythms and asymmetric time signatures.
- Are Physical Constants Constant?
- Estimating the mass of unread email in my inbox
- Using 21cm astronomy to take a picture of the Milky Way
- Measuring fundamental physical values with Johnson Shot Noise
- A cool way to model white dwarfs
- A paper on magnetic reconnection.
- High-temperature batteries that don't explode