Eternal Wiki Upgrade Quest
This is the beginning of the wiki upgrade page....
- https by letsencrypt
- debian 9
- no snowflakes, all our (known) devops culture at nb is ansible
- salt the passwords correctly
- Debian 9
- Letsencrypt / Certbot
Noisebridge already has an ansible infrastructure repo, please join the Noisebridge github group and hack this: https://github.com/noisebridge/ansible/
- Certbot - https://github.com/geerlingguy/ansible-role-certbot
- Semantic Mediawiki - Mediawiki maintains some: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/diffusion/1881/
- It may be useful to look at this one: https://github.com/yongxinL/ansible-mediawiki
We need to upgrade a really old version of mediawiki and will likely need to futz with the database. Lets use one of the OpenStack Semantic MediaWiki images for testing and refitting the database: https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Portal:Cloud_VPS
We need to delete the password column and expire everyone's password. The old mediawiki only stores md5 hashed passwords with no salts, so we'll have to delete the whole thing
MediaWiki version: ≥ 1.23
Date when user's password expires; null for no expiration date. Can also be set manually by calling User->expirePassword().