Zombie Apocalypse Preparedness
|Line 73:||Line 73:|
Revision as of 13:39, 13 July 2009
"What is zombie apocalypse preparedness?" you ask. Why, it's disaster preparedness, capped off with a trip to the rifle range and booze, of course! --- Here's what I thought might each be a fun Sunday afternoon/evening:
Italics shows the Zombie Apocalypse media reference
Initial letters denote Zombie reference or Apocalypse reference
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Amateur radio ARES/RACES usage ZA - I am Legend, Neville often tries to contact people via HAM
- Brewing and distillation of alcohol (we probably oughtn't run a still in the space, however...)
- Water distillation and purification
- Penny stove building workshop: http://www.csun.edu/~mjurey/penny.html
- Electricity generation
- Tinkering: fabricating unavailable yet critical tools or devices out of items you might find in a common house or office
- Chainsaw maintenance
- Salvage and safe use of common demolition/mining explosives - A - Tremors, blowing up Graboids
- Defensive driving
- Reloading, nothing like making your own ammo
- Methane gas production A - Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, Bartertown's power source
- Hand printing, copying, and cipher methods
- Semaphore signaling
- Scripture cheatsheet for whipping up/controlling dirty masses of post apoc. fundies
- Bee keeping
- Animal husbandry (keeping chickens, goats, rabbits and other edible pets)
- Urban gardening ZA - I am Legend, farming in NYC
- Food preservation
- Tunnel digging techniques
- Trap door construction (for escape hatches and booby traps)
- Barricading techniques ZA - Night of the Living Dead, et all...
- Sharpshooting ZA - Night of the Living Dead, a shot to the head kills a zombie
- A trip to a rifle range (ie: not just small-bore handguns)
- A trip to a batting cage
* Coordinator : Jonathan Foote
Trolling Defence with Knives
* Coordinator : San Mehat * Materials : One sharp knife - serrated, and one dull knife, unserrated * Opt. Materials : Salt, Vinegar, Fava Beans, a nice Chianti * Test subjects : <TBD based on mailing-list/irc channel content>
How to Build a Disaster Kit
* Coordinator : * Materials : * Opt. Materials : * Test subjects : You!
Shannon volunteers to do the calling around to find out about hours, group rates &c at local rifle ranges.
Shannon volunteers to do the calling around to find out about hours, group rates &c at local batting cages.
Put your name down if you are interested in attending any or all of these. We can get more specific on each event later.