[Noisebridge-board] Just sent e-mail to insurance person

David Molnar dmolnar at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 1 14:19:45 PDT 2008

Hey,

FYI, here is the e-mail I just sent to Andrew Kantarzhi from Bonafide =

Insurance. We corresponded back in February about insurance. Let me know =

if there's anything I missed. I'll use this as a template for =

discussions with other insurance persons as well.

----

Hi Andrew,

We corresponded earlier this year regarding insurance for Noisebridge, =

an art and technology project space. Thanks for your patience and =

careful explanations. We have finally closed a lease on a space at 83C =

Wiese Street, San Francisco, CA.
So I am happy to finally resume our discussion with specifics.

I have filled out the insurance application you sent me earlier this =

year with the details concerning the space. What would be the best fax =

number to which to send it?

Since we last talked, we have decided to take Noisebridge the non-profit =

route. We are incorporating as a California Public Benefit non-profit =

and applying for IRS 501c3 status.

Another change since we last talked is that we will be offering =

workshops during the day or evening to members of the public. These will =

last roughly 2-3 hours and concern things like learning a new =

programming language, simple soldering projects, etc.

With regards to coverage, the landlord requires $1MM of general =

liability insurance. Does that also include "slip and fall" incidents? =

If not we would like to purchase that as well.

We are also interested in insurance against theft, but we would like to =

know what different prices are for different levels of coverage. I have =

filled out the application with a $1000 deductible on replacement costs =

totaling $15K. The replacement costs could be higher; we are currently =

building the space, so that's our current guess.

Finally, we are also looking for directors & officers insurance for the =

non-profit. Please let me know if you can provide that, or if not can =

you suggest someone?

Thanks again for all your help,
-David Molnar