[Noisebridge-board] proposed membership process
rachel at xtreme.com
Thu Oct 2 23:02:36 PDT 2008
Here's some text which is what I remember the consensus being. I am
very tired and did not go look up any of this so it could be wrong, if
anyone remembers differently please fix it.
I also realized it's not suitable for Now because it has that 3 month
hanging around window. We should have an initial membership process
that lets everyone who's been around already be a member, and then
change it later. Probably we should drop 1 & 2 for about a month, and
then put them in.
Anyway. First draft. I'll work on it again tomorrow afternoon if
nobody else has in the interim.
How to Join Noisebridge
1. go as a guest and meet people; hang out there often and do things
2. after 3 months of hanging out, have someone propose you for
membership by adding, X new member
3. you give the secretary or his designee a name and an email address to
receive Official Communications at
4. at the meeting, a simple majority of members present will vote you in
(we talked about having a quorum of 3 members for such votes; that
didn't get in the bylaws but it might be do-able by board resolution)
5. pay your monthly dues of $X.xx. We discussed this being adjustable
at the board's discretion.
Things I don't remember discussing:
* dues' due date
* acceptable payment means
How to leave Noisebridge
* Notify the secretary that you are leaving, by email or in writing.
* 1. stop paying dues
2. the board will bug you about it
3. after 3 months (I think) you will automatically be out
* kicked out process can probably wait, or we can copy it from the CA
law. i anticipate lots of discussion about kicking out...
More information about the Board