[Noisebridge-board] SF tax certificate

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 10 01:40:39 PDT 2008

> Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 00:48:16 -0700> From: dmolnar at eecs.berkeley.edu> T=
o: board at lists.noisebridge.net> Subject: [Noisebridge-board] SF tax certifi=
cate> > Hi Mitch,> > Do you know if Carol will send us instructions on appl=
ying for a San> Francisco tax registration certificate? I found the instruc=
tions on how> to apply here:> http://www.sfgov.org/site/treasurer_page.asp?=
id=3D14973#4> > Since we do not have a 501c3 status yet, but we also do not=
 have any> employees, it looks to me like we pay the minimum fee of $25 and=
 file> the certificate. This has to be done within "15 days from start of> =
business."> > The application also asks for the SSNs of all owning entities=
. Does that> mean every single member of a membership nonprofit? or can we =
get away> with just the officers?> > -David Molnar> =

Hi David,
 =

I'll pass your questions on to Carol.
 =