[Noisebridge-board] FW: [Fwd: And a few last questions]

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 28 15:25:56 PDT 2008

Sure, I'll be around after the meeting.  You're not doing Chinese tonight?

--------------> Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 15:22:50 -0700> From: rachel at xtreme.=
com> To: board at lists.noisebridge.net> Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-board] FW: =
[Fwd: And a few last questions]> > Yow...> > For the ones about family, bus=
iness relationships, etc, I think they are > all NO with the possible excep=
tion of Jake fronting the rent & security > deposit.> > For the last few we=
 should probably get together and discuss a bit. > Tonight after the genera=
l meeting?> > R> > Mitch Altman wrote:> > And some final questions from Car=
ol...> > > > > > > > > > --------------------------------------------------=
----------------------> > > > Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 14:21:13 -0700> > From=
: mitch at CornfieldElectronics.com> > To: maltman23 at hotmail.com> > Subject: [=
Fwd: And a few last questions]> > > > > > > > -------- Original Message ---=
-----> > Subject: And a few last questions> > Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:57:=
23 -0700> > From: Carol Gee <carolgee at sbcglobal.net> <mailto:carolgee at sbcgl=
obal.net>> > To: Mitch Altman <mitch at CornfieldElectronics.com> > > <mailto:=
mitch at CornfieldElectronics.com>> > > > > > > > Hi Mitch: Here are just a fe=
w final (hopefully) questions, taken from the> > IRS application form:> > >=
 > 1. Do we have any representative copies of newsletters, brochures, or> >=
 similar documents for supporting details about activities and fundraising?=
> > Is the only source of communication the wiki? I looked at it and it is>=
 > totally transparent. The IRS usually does look at this as part of the> >=
 application review process, so we should be mindful of that. I guess I can=
> > print out some of the wiki? Any other ideas?> > > > 2. Question: Are an=
y of your officers and directors related to each other> > through family or=
 business relationships? If yes explain.> > > > 3. Is there a business rela=
tionship with any of Noisebridge's officers or> > directors? If yes, descri=
be. (for example, if one of the> > directors/officers were your landlord, o=
r a vendor, etc.)> > > > 4. Do any of the officers or directors receive com=
pensation from any other> > organizations, whether tax exempt or taxable, t=
hat are related to> > Noisebridge through common control? If yes, explain.>=
 > > > 5. NOTE: The application requires Noisebridge to certify that in> > =
establishing any compensation arrangements for officers and directors (or> =
> future employees, etc.) that you will adhere to the following:> > > > a. =
The individuals or groups that approve compensation arrangements> > will fo=
llow a conflict of interest policy (which is set forth in the bylaws)> > > =
> b. No compensation will be paid without advance approval by the board> > =
> > c. The approval process will be documented in writing, including the> >=
 date and terms of approved compensation arrangements.> > > > 6. Will Noise=
bridge compensate anyone through non-fixed payments, such as> > discretiona=
ry bonuses or revenue-based payments? If yes, describe all> > non-fixed com=
pensation arrangements, including how the amounts are> > determined, who is=
 eligible for such arrangements, whether you place a> > limitation on total=
 compensation and how you determine or will determine> > that you pay no mo=
re than reasonable compensation for services. AND will> > such non-fixed pa=
yments exceed $50,000 annually?> > > > 7. Will Noisebridge purchase from/ o=
r sell to/ any goods, services, or> > assets from/to any of its officers di=
rectors or future employees or highly> > compensated independent contractor=
s? IF yes, describe how you determine> > that the terms are negotiated at a=
rm's length and that no more than fair> > market value is paid. Attach copi=
es of any written contracts or agreements> > relevant to same.> > > > 8. An=
y loans, leases, contracts or other agreements between Noisebridge and> > i=
ts officers, directors (future employees or independent contractors)? If> >=
 so, attach. This includes business dealings with entities in which an> > o=
fficer, director (or employee or independent contractor) has even a 35%> > =
interest. > > > > 9. In carrying out your exempt purposes, do you provide g=
oods, services,> > or funds to individuals? To other organizations? If yes,=
 describe.> > > > 10. Do any of your programs limit the provision of goods,=
 services, or> > funds to specific individual or group of specific individu=
als? Such as,> > only to your members? If yes, describe. Also describe how =
individuals> > are selected for each program.> > > > 11. Do any of the reci=
pients of goods, services of funds from Noisebridge> > programs have a fami=
ly or business relationship with any officer, director> > (or in future, wi=
th employees or independent contractors?). If yes,> > explain.> > > > 12. D=
o you or will you maintain separate accounts for any contributor under> > w=
hich the contributor has the right to advise on the use or distribution of>=
 Give as many> > specifics as possible.> > > > > > > > > > ----------------=