[Noisebridge-board] IRS 501(c)(3)application sent in!

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 29 16:34:22 PST 2009

I was at Carol Gee's yesterday to sign all the forms, and they are now sent=
 off to the IRS.  =

Here's what we can now expect:
Carol says that after about 3 or 4 months we should be approved as "provisi=
onal".  We then have 5 years to prove ourselves as a public benefit, includ=
ing getting a certain percentage of funds donated from outside the organiza=
tion (with the donations coming from lots of individuals or businesses, and=
 not just some big donors).

It is possible that the IRS will have some questions for us that we will ne=
ed to answer within the 3 or 4 months.  It is also possible that whoever ex=
amins our application hates the word "hacker" (or something), and that will=
 make it more difficult for us.  But Carol sez that this isn't likely.