[Noisebridge-congress] Place to stay in berlin tonight?

Ben Kochie ben at nerp.net
Sun Aug 7 10:28:12 PDT 2011

Heh. Not girlfriend approved.

Andreas Stadler <rain at meta-mind.de> wrote:

On 08/07/2011 06:09 PM, Ben Kochie wrote:
> Anyone have any ideas of a place to stay in Berlin tonight? Needs to have room for 2 bikes.
> -ben

there is a improvised squat-art-hack-space ...

near "U-Bahn" subway-station:

"Schlesisches Tor" / "Goerlitzer Bahnhof"

near streets:

"Eisenbahnstrasse" & "Köpernicker Str.".

goto eisenbahnstr...
there's a gate between number 14 and 15 thats always open.

in the patio front left, enter another open door.
then go up as much as possible ...

till you see a steel-door to your right,
which also should be open ...

there you should find a "dachboden" (attic)
with sofas and mattress ...

- - - -

due to extensive camp pre-orga time constraints,
i myself did not yet get a chance to check this place out,
so i can not give any guarantees or know about security !!

- - - -

if you have around $20 for the night,
I'd recommend going to "A&O hostel" near ostkreutz.

you can order over the net,
or even get massive discount,
if you arrive there late at night,
and they still have rooms free ...

- - - -

also internet access at the hostel is possible,

while you can also try to get on:
"freifunk" in eastern parts of berlin,
which is a hacker's underground mesh-net ...

- - - -

I'd recommend the hostel-path for now ...

but if your up for a berlin-underground-adventure,
you can do with the above information whatever you want ;-)

if anyone ideed checks this place out,
please report back what you find out !!

~mV | MetaVolutioN | AndreasS

Congress mailing list