[Cyborg] tongue zapping retainer - not so original after all

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 7 14:51:19 PDT 2009

It is totally fine to use info on active patents for your projects.  In gen=
eral:  as long as you don't do anything that hurts the patent-holders abili=
ty to make money from their patent, then you can do pretty much what you li=
ke with the patent info (which is publicly published, afterall).

 =

 =

So, you can copy the project from the patent for your own use at home (or a=
t Nosiebridge).  You can also take the ideas you like from the patent, add =
it to your project, and publish the results on your web-page (crediting the=
 patent-holder would be nice).  What you can't do is sell anything that use=
s the patented material.  You also can't publish your project as totally op=
en-source if it has patented content.  And you can't put out a free product=
 that would interfere or compete with sales of a product with the same pate=
nted content.

 =

 =

Mitch.