[Cyborg] interesting patent

Todd Anderson tanders at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 27 16:46:40 PDT 2009

yeah, I agree with the absurdity of patent law, fo' sho'.  And I think the
patent was approved!  I wonder how much that whole process cost...

I was mostly surprised by the number of previous attempts, as I hadn't heard
of most of these, even after a lot of google-digging.  As for the distance
indicator, the prior art seems to suggest it doesn't work very well.