[Cyborg] Feeling magnetism

Jorgen Cederlof jc at lysator.liu.se
Tue Jul 28 11:29:28 PDT 2009

Hi cyborgs,

I just read the comments to the Slashdot article about the compass

and some were pretty interesting. A lot of people have implanted small
passive magnets in their fingertips, which makes them able to feel
magnetic fields (and move metallic things). Examples:

I like the fact that they are so low-tech and passive, but I wouldn't
want anything implanted. Especially not something that would rip
through my skin and break a multimillion dollar machine if I ever had
to have an MRI. Some people seem to talk about using glue or gloves
instead of surgery. That sounds like something worth exploring.

I also found this company selling vibrating display devices:

. I can't find any price information on their pages though.