[Cyborg] infrared vision, lighting your inner ear

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 31 18:34:30 PDT 2009

Two interesting links I've been keeping in my browser tabs:

Wearable Computer With Lightweight HUD

The article is a pretty cool, but actually it's the topmost comment that
really caught my attention.  Infrared visual overlays could be awesomely
useful!  I want one!

Light-wave implant hope for deaf

Apparently firing infrared light into the inner ear stimulates the
nerves there, producing the sensation of sound (!).  And even more, the
trick apparently produces better results than standard cochlear
implants, because the narrow light beam can be targeted far better than
an electrode.