[Cyborg] regrowing your own teeth, in your mouth

Chung-Hay Luk luk at chunghay.com
Tue Feb 7 21:15:56 PST 2012

I couldn't determine how old the video was, but the post may be reporting
on ongoing research. The latest *J Dent Res* papers from Mao's group are
these two (inclusive search of the Feb. 2012 issue and early online

Anatomically Shaped Tooth and Periodontal Regeneration by Cell Homing
- scaffold for the tooth

Induced Migration of Dental Pulp Stem Cells for in vivo Pulp Regeneration
- human stem cell for regeneration

Enjoy nerding out to papers!

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Eric Boyd <mrericboyd at yahoo.com> wrote:

> http://www.singularityweblog.com/implants-or-dentures-how-about-regrowing-your-own-teeth/
> The video mentions Dr. Jeremy Mao, and a Journal of Dental Research
> article.  Can anyone find it?  They say the next step is human trials (I
> assume Phase I safety stuff), which is super exciting!
> Eric

Chung-Hay Luk, Ph.D.
Research Fellow, Brain Plasticity Inc.
625 Market St., 6th Floor