[Darkroom] Pictrography

Chris Murphy chrisnoisebridge at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 18:02:17 PST 2009

On Dec 3, 2009, at 10:20, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:

> Chris Murphy wrote, On 20091203 013858:
>> Worked on the G4. Installed 200GB drive plus OS X 10.4.11. Installed
>> latest fuji software. Installed a kernel extension to utilize ata
>> drives
>> greater than 128GB. Mirrored drive door G4's and later had >128GB ata
>> support. The quicksilver didn't make the cut.
> Suck.

To be clear, the kernel extension adds support to the Quicksilver with
some limitations. There's a 128GB boot volume and a 57GB volume. Short
story is that this config enables repair of the boot volume from OS X/
DiskWarrior boot CDs. Those CDs don't have the kernel extension
therefore only see the first 128 GB of the HD.

> Every time I come in someone's gone through and replaced the
> perfectly fine Microsoft Mouse with the retarded Logitech cordless
> shit. I think the next time I'm in the space I'm just going to
> ziptie the Microsoft mouse to the case.

MS Mouse is on the greeter Linux box. That's fine because that machine
sees a lot of use. I found the wireless mouse in the hack pile.

I'll sraighten all of this stuff out over time. Keep an eye out for an
adaptec 29xx series SCSI card.