[Darkroom] Adobe Lightroom class sometime in the next month

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Mon Jun 14 18:40:50 PDT 2010

I haven't even gotten a chance to sit down with Lightroom 3 yet, but
it's been exactly a year since I hosted the first Lightroom class at my
house. Wanting to prod the lists and see if anyone is interested in
attending a class where I cover the basics of getting your photos into
Lightroom, processing work flow, organizational work flow and metadata
work flow. The first 15 minutes of the class will involve a quick photo
walk to gather images to play with.

If you don't have Lightroom, Adobe has a 30 day free trial for Mac and
Windows (99% of what I'll be going over isn't OS specific). A fair
portion of what I'll be going over can be applied to other
non-destructive photo management software such as Aperture and possibly

If you have issues or concerns with the fact that the class will be
about proprietary software that isn't compatible with *nix, please check
this link for more information...

If you're interested in attending a class about this in the next month
please reply directly to me and not the list. Thanks!

Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net