[Darkroom] Darkroom wiki, guidelines, calendar
hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 14:32:19 PST 2010
I think it would be nice to have a procedure list for basic BW film
development. We're currently using D76 I think. Here's a basic
1. In complete darkness, roll your film into a canister.
1.5 Turn on safelight or house lights, as your paranoia permits.
2. Rinse film by filling tank with water a couple times.
3. Measure out developer according to chart A and bring it to a given
temperature, and measure out stop solution.
4. Add developer to canister and agitate it for a given amount of
time, also according to chart A.
5. Pour developer down drain or into a separate jug according to
reusability of product.
6. Add stop solution to canister. Rinse, agitate or soak for 30 sec -
2 min, according to your philosophy.
7. Pour stop bath back into original jug. (we will have to
periodically make a fresh stop bath)
8. Rinse step with plain water. (at this point you can take your time
and expose the film to light if you need to)
9. Measure and add fixer.
10. Return fixer to fix jug. (again, periodic refreshment of jug
contents is necessary)
11. Rinse step. Here's the important part:
12. Pour water from fix rinse into Special Disposal Jug.
13. Hypo or Flo or unicorn semen or whatever you use to cleanse and
bless your film.
14. Drying and praying against the anti-dust gods.
We should probably make Chart A at some point too. Common BW film
types, speeds, times, and temps.
On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 14:03, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:
> Kelly wrote, On 20101111 140030:
>> I'd particularly like to see the disposal of fixer and
>> fixer-contaminated water feature prominently in our guidelines and in
>> the darkroom itself. Right now there is just a jug (stolen from the
>> C41 machine) marked "water with fixer" which I have used (and
>> hopefully others have as well).
> Maybe we should have a "list of procedures" or something on the wiki,
> printed out on the inside of the door or above the sink?
> Rubin Abdi
> rubin at starset.net
More information about the Darkroom