[Fab] Hello, DIY CNC

Chris Reilly info at diylilcnc.org
Sun Jul 24 16:12:13 PDT 2011

Hi Noisebridge folks!

I'm writing to spread the word about a collaborative project that you
may be interested in: an open-source design for a robotic
cutting/fabrication machine, called the DIYLILCNC.

The plans, parts lists, and assembly instructions are available for
free, under a Creative Commons license on our site,
http://diylilcnc.org. The current design has been online for a little
over a year, and building one is a great way to learn about digital

We’re getting ready to release a second, improved generation of the
design and assembly instructions for the DIYLILCNC. We’re doing some
fundraising right now via kickstarter to offset our R&D costs.

We’ve got some pretty fun rewards for contributors... donors can have a
part of the new machine named after them, or use their contributions to
vote for specific design changes they’d like to see in version 2.

Check it out here:

Chris Reilly
Open-source plans for a low-cost, easy-to-build CNC mill.
info at diylilcnc.org