[Fab] Fwd: Morning Update on Heating Makerbot

miloh miloh at froggytoad.net
Sat May 7 10:09:48 PDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: miloh <miloh at froggytoad.net>
Date: Sat, May 7, 2011 at 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: Morning Update on Heating Makerbot
To: fab at listst.noisebridge.net

I just received lots of questions in an email about the Cupcake CNC's
at Noisebridge.

Instead of responding to each Item I'm going to give an overview of
the cupcake cnc and  troubleshooting, bcc the sender, and send it to
fab at lists.noisebridge.net.  I hope we can have a group dialogue and
get more people to find good uses for these machines.

to the bcc'd:
subscribe to fab at lists.noisebridge.net at
and of course there is the long scroll:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Makerbot

OVERVIEW:
The cupcake CNC has a wooden chassis, some XYZ motor parts, heating
parts that include a extruder motor, and the board electronics.

The board electronics consists of 6 boards, last time I checked:  The
six boards are mainboard, extruder controller, X stepper driver, Y
stepper driver, Z stepper driver, and the relay board.

Problems with the 'bot can be troubleshot by knowing what these parts
are commonly called, and being able to describe what they do.

ASSESSMENT:
IF you can simply define your problem, then you can troubleshoot it.
At the moment, Noisebridge has all the tools, electronics repair and
test equipment  to do this in house (we have DMMs!).