[Fab] Is laser cutter and CNC milling machine in Noisebridge still in order?

Hao hao at dorabot.com
Fri Jun 8 14:28:26 PDT 2012

Hi Fab guys in Noisebridge,

I'm starting an open source robot project, and I'll need to use laser
cutter and CNC milling machine to make my parts. I'd like to know are these
two machine still working now? and what should I know, besides everything
listed on the two wiki page (https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Lasercutter
 and https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/MaxNCMill) before I start using them?

P.S. When I ask Stephen Balaban to teach me how to use laser cutter, the
machine won't work. While the laptop besides it shows "connected" on the
left bottom corner of the screen, the laser tube won't move at all after
click "go". That's why I'm asking.

Thanks, guys

DORA = DORA Opensource Robotic Assistant