[Fab] Fwd: [Noisebridge-discuss] Drill Press

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:05:31 PDT 2012

Thanks for the update Chris.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Chris Murphy" <chrisnoisebridge at gmail.com>
Date: Jun 18, 2012 2:37 PM
Subject: [Noisebridge-discuss] Drill Press
To: "noisebridge-discuss List" <noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net>

Our drill press needs some TLC.

The chuck socket fell off the arbor last night. The chuck was  spinning
eccentrically just prior. I followed directions on the URL below to
reinstall it. I discovered the arbor has been badly scored. I can't figure
out how the arbor comes out of the drill press. I didn't attempt to force
it out or anything. I just looked at a blurry parts diagram below and did a
google search...no luck.

I de-burred the arbor with a fine file and cleaned it with steel wool and
acetone. Put the chuck on with a twist and thwack of a wood insulated
hammer blow. All of this with the chuck jaws wide open. It spins much more
centered but it's not as good as it was just last week.

It's a Ryobi WDP1850:

Sent from my iPhone
Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net