[Fab] Replicator Wednesday?
morganw8-nb at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 11 19:44:53 UTC 2013
Yes, +1. And 3DThursdays has good alliteration.
--- On Mon, 3/11/13, matthew bennett <norcalbarney at gmail.com> wrote:
Subject: [Fab] Replicator Wednesday?
To: fab at lists.noisebridge.net
Date: Monday, March 11, 2013, 11:03 AM
I'm writing this email to gauge interest in reinvigorating Replicator Wednesdays at Noisebridge. I really miss Replicator Wednesdays! Last year RepWeds was a regular event at Noisebridge, and I could be found there most Wednesdays. It was really a lot of fun for these reasons :
1. It's in SF so no car required if you live here or near BART.
2. A regular cast of characters that included 3D printer builders and company owners, talented designers, and n00bs interested in 3D printing.
3. Taqueria Cancun - you already know. Did I spell that right?
4. Weekly meetings encourage progress. It's fun to have lots of new models to show people.
Of course, there is another meetup in the SouthBay Reprap that some people go to. In fact, the Type-A people have been emailing this list to encourage people to attend Wednesday meetings at Menlo Park TechShop. Those meetings are great, but the fact that they're 30 miles south of SF could present a barrier to some city dwellers. For a regular event to be successful, it should be regular *both in time and place*.
My questions are these :
1. Is there any interest in getting something like Replicator Wednesday going again at Noisebridge?
2. Is there anything happening in the Replicator area of Noisebridge on Thursdays? How about #3DThursdays, so those that also attend the SouthBay Reprap meetups can attend.
Let's hear your opinions.
-----Inline Attachment Follows-----
Fab mailing list
Fab at lists.noisebridge.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Fab