[German] Language Acquistion and multiple intelligences & Link

Charlotte powerfrau99 at yahoo.com
Mon May 18 11:01:42 PDT 2009

Hi all,
As a little beginning, last week we briefly discussed language acquisition =
and the Howard Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences.

The promised survey is attached, with some supplemental materials-- you can=
 figure out where you fall and you can optimize your learning approaches.

Das dumme Lied der Woche (The dumb song of the week)

Fokus: w=E4ren - means here "would like to be" Ich w=E4re gerne Million=E4r=
 and demo of kein/e (none, not any)

I know they are hokey songs, but frequency of exposure, and repetition incr=
eases retention/activation of vocabulary--silliness decreases the impact of=
 the internal monitor, and helps with the acquisition of fixed expressions =
(idioms, and specific fixed combinations of prepositions and verbs) so sing=

Have fun and enjoy.

"There are two ways to live -- one as if nothing is a miracle, the other is=
 as if everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein