[ml] jung, graph clustering

Mike Schachter mike at mindmech.com
Tue Jun 1 18:11:21 PDT 2010

Hello everyone!

I haven't gotten anywhere with clustering via self-organizing
feature maps, but went off on a tangent after reading a section
of Duda's book on machine learning (which is a classic that you
should probably buy):

In the chapter on clustering they talk briefly about clustering
using graph algorithms, which I think Erin mentioned at a meeting
a few weeks ago. I worked once with a pretty sweet graph modeling
tool call JUNG and am going to try and implement the approach to
create a visualizable cluster of the skill sets. Link to JUNG:

Tomorrow I'll go over the graphical approach real quick, along with
a neural network in the Duda/Hart book that can be used for dimensionality
reduction, which could be promising.

See you tomorrow! Looking forward to it,