[ml] recap, next meeting

Mike Schachter mike at mindmech.com
Tue Jun 22 22:40:13 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

Thanks to Vikram for giving us an awesome tutorial on
PIG tonight! Very helpful.

PIG: http://hadoop.apache.org/pig/
Vikram's Scripts: http://github.com/voberoi/hadoop-mrutils

I'm going to tenatively say the next meeting is Wednesday,
June 30th, and 9:00pm. It seems to work for most people,
please reply and let us know if it doesn't!

Unless people decide otherwise, I'll present a short primer on
the following topics:

1) DNA Sequences, what they mean, how they're turned into proteins
2) HIV, how it works
3) Key proteins in HIV: Reverse Transcriptase, Protease
4) How we can start to analyze the DNA sequence data in the Kaggle HIV
using sequence aligners

Thanks to everyone who came out tonight, hope to see you next week!