[Neuro] 3D Printing Brains!

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Tue May 29 17:27:35 PDT 2012

If you're cc-ed and want to keep tabs on this project you should sign
up for the neuro mailing list:

So I started reading through the instructibles article and unpacking
ideas into a wiki page:

I am not all that excited about the idea of making a mold and then
pouring chocolate in it. I do like the idea of straight up 3d printing
brain models. The expensive printed one in stop 5 is pretty:

But the latex mould
does have interesting affordances. For instance, instead of printing
the brain as a positive, I could print it as a negative, and then make
the mould a positive, like a latex mask. (ahem, nsfw: www.maskon.com)

I really want to make a model of my partially segmented brain:

As Tom pointed out, this would make an awesome latex mask.

Anyway, what do other people want to do? I think just making little
plastic brains sounds nice.

Also, I am going to need to find a few people who know how to use the
makerbots if we want to do our own printing rather than farming out to
shapeways, etc.