[Noisebridge-announce] Machine Learning Wednesday: tonight, 8PM, 83c

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Wed Jan 28 11:30:08 PST 2009

Just a reminder that it's Wednesday, which can mean only one thing:
machine learning meetup!  ML meetups are always fun, interesting, and
educational: what more could you ask for?  (Feel free to come share
your answer tonight)

Tonight, 8PM, at 83c: Praveen will be talking about Neural Networks.
If he uses the demo I suggested, you'll get to see a neural network
that "dreams" of handwritten digits (it works in banking).

As always, we'll be beginner-friendly.  So, even if you're new to
machine learning, you should swing by and check it out.  If you are
new, please be there at 8, so we can talk a little about the basic
ideas of machine learning before the presentation.

After the presentation, we usually hang out for a while.  If you're
looking for ML help with a project, this is a great time to meet
noisebridgers who are interested in ML.  If you're a noisebridger
interested in ML but without a project, the sales pitch is implicit.

I'm looking forward to seeing the regulars, last week's new folks, and
some new new people this week.  See you all there!
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
  josh at joshisanerd.com