[Noisebridge-discuss] Scarf-a-day: A scarf everyday in january!

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 00:09:31 PST 2011

Ok, noisebridge, here's a project being made RIGHT NOW all up in your

I’ve been graciously awarded a grant from non other than the Awesome
Foundation <http://awesomefoundation.org/blog/>, which I’m terribly excited
to announce the project: I'm making one scarf a day, everyday, for the whole
month. These will be made of all sorts of materials- some will be
utilitarian, some will be nerdy, some might even be edible. I’ll be blogging
as much as possible at my site,
with tutorials and progress shots and all that goodness. You might also want
to follow my twitter (@satiredun) for updates.

I'm also supplementing the grant money with a kickstarter:

Anyways, with all the drama both here and in the space, I thought you might
like to know that there are still people making stuff in the maker space.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a
hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate,
act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein