[Noisebridge-discuss] meeting notes 2010-01-05

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Wed Jan 5 10:57:33 PST 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 12:24 AM, Danny O'Brien <danny at spesh.com> wrote:

> *Meeting Notes 2011 01 04*
> *Agenda*
> The 142nd Meeting of Noisebridge<https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Category:Meeting_Notes>
> Note-taker: Danny O'Brien
> Moderator: Danny O'Brien
> It was a total nightmare. First of all, Josh organised this whole "Show
> and Tell"<https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2011-January/019411.html>(Tuesdays, 7.30) thing right before, so instead of limbering up for proper
> consensus and correct producedure, everyone sat around looking at Mike's
> ingenious elevator light LED hack and how he planned it, and a new kind of
> logic analyser <http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8938> that's basically
> just six wires and a USB connector, and some routers(?). Then they all
> discussed the hacks they were working on, and some ideas they were mulling,
> and sought out advice and shared knowledge with their peers.
> This was all apparently so "interesting" that by the time anyone wanted to
> stop, it was 8.20 already so basically we'd already screwed up the whole
> rules and procedures of the meeting. Nice job, Josh. *Real* smooth.

Damn, you're on to my nefarious plot to overwhelm the negative interpersonal
politics of Noisebridge with actual hacking and positive, supportive
conversations!  Meddling kids!

Oh well.  I might as well go bigger next week, and say that we'll be in the
couch area, with the projector available for software demos or people's
YouTube/Vimeo documentation of the projects they've been hacking at.

Seriously, though, Show-and-Tell was a really low-key event this week, and
it was still pretty awesome.  Next week should be even better, since I'm
going to actually announce it properly and then remind people about it.
Josh Myer 415.230.9791 <-- NOTE: New number!
 josh at joshisanerd.com