[Noisebridge-discuss] Laser Cutter

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Mon Jan 10 09:47:50 PST 2011

Actually, I'd really like to go for the $2300 version, which supports USB
and (for a limited time only!) comes with a free air compressor.

We've had $850 in pledges, so far; if we can get that up to $2300, I will go
ahead and order the thing, and we can have a laser cutter/engraver in Very
Short Order.

Again, the device in question is this one:

And we should buy it without delay!

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Josh Myer <josh at joshisanerd.com> wrote:

> While everyone is talking about what color to paint this bike shed, I want
> to reiterate Shannon's point for him:
> Your fellow hackers have pledged a third of the cost of a laser engraver
> (and light-duty cutter).  We only need a handful more serious people to make
> this happen, to the tune of $1,800.
> If you want Noisebridge to have a laser, this is the place to say so by
> pledging (even if it's a little bit: your action shows others that you're
> interested, and will motivate them to pledge some cash as well).
> --
> /jbm
> On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 11:29 PM, Shannon Lee <shannon at scatter.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> The Laser Cutter Room has been cleared out and en-staired, and is now
>> Laser Cutter Ready.  All we need is a Laser Cutter.
>> I note that there is a page of pledges toward a laser cutter...
>> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Lasercutter
>> ...Are these still good?  In any case, I'd certainly be willing to kick
>> $500 into the pot.
>> FamiLab, the space I visited in Orlando, just got one of these:
>> http://www.fullspectrumengineering.com/co2laserv2-40w.html
>> ...Which is really more of a laser engraver, but is cheap and easy to get
>> (in the $1800 to $2400 range).
>> So, how about it?
>> --S
>> --
>> Shannon Lee
>> (503) 539-3700
>> "Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science."
> --
> Josh Myer 415.230.9791 <-- NOTE: New number!
>  josh at joshisanerd.com

Shannon Lee
(503) 539-3700