[Noisebridge-discuss] Advisory about recent thefts at Noisebridge.
girlgeek at wt.net
Mon Jul 11 08:48:31 PDT 2011
Adding my 2 cents.
1. I second the suggestion of 10AM to 10PM (or earlier) open hours -
10PM to 10AM - 'members' only please. I put 'members' in quotes
because we can be very liberal in what we consider a member for
2. We might consider a $5/visit donation requirement which we can
forget to ask of anyone who looks O.K.
3. We might consider a $2/visit donation of anyone who isn't a true
monthly paying member and solve some financial problems at the
4. We might consider a lock on the upstairs door that opens with the
same key or keypad as downstairs, but otherwise has to be opened
by someone who greets - and tells strangers to go away after 10PM.
5. I like, "What are you here to work on?" as a filter of people. We
need an acceptable response for Free School people like, "I'm part
of the Free School." but otherwise, anyone coming in who doesn't
look right shouldn't be here without a project.
A slightly different aspect of the problem. Say someone unexcellent
1. It is only a small % of us that feel that we can ask them to
leave. We need some sort of social ok or awareness that
especially as long as this problem exists that we need to err on
the side of asking people to leave, an we all need to work as a
group on the problem when an unexcellent person comes in.
2. And it can be very difficult to get the idea across to someone
crazy, stoned, or crazy stoned that they need to leave. Remember
when we asked Salvador Dali Lama to leave - daily.
Avoiding theft means asking a suspected thief to leave, before they have
done anything wrong. This means that we must act on our 'bad feeling
about someone'. Are we all willing to do that?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Noisebridge-discuss