jake at spaz.org
Sat Nov 19 19:17:23 PST 2011
To make a floating NoiseDrone which can be used for filming the occupation
from above, we will need the following materials:
2. Helium or Hydrogen
3. A rigid ring to attach around baloon
4. 4 Sticks sticking outward from the ring
5. Servos on the ends of those sticks to tilt
6. Powerful motors with propellers mounted on them
7. An android phone for livestreaming
8. An analog camera for an analog wireless feed
9. An analog wireless transmitter for the camera
10. A control system to receive commands from the ground
11. Batteries or a plutonium thermopile (or polonium?)
12. A remote control
We can build everything right now (assuming SpaceBridge or The Russians
donate a baloon and helium) except we lack motors and props, and a team.
I nominate myself and Shannon and MCT to the team, plus whoever supplies
four similar motors and props (and decent servos too).
I volunteer to do the electronics, mostly, if other people will step up to
supply things like a phone, motors, props, and personpower to actually
operate the thing.
It's for aerial reconnaissance... We want to put a livestream on a balloon
On Nov 19, 2011, at 16:45, Jake wrote:
> it was nice to see you at the bus stop last night.
> I wonder what you're planning with the android phone. I know someone
> who has a G1 phone which is a t-mobile (or AT&T) style where you just
> pop in the SIM card. You could get temporary service from t-mobile as a
> second number from someone who is already on, like me.
> That way nobody would go without their phone for a week, because who
> would want to do that?
> If you need funds for the project you might be able to get it from
> OccupySF, if it applies to their goals...
> like a helium-baloon remote-controlled floating video recorder...
More information about the Noisebridge-discuss