[Noisebridge-discuss] Meeting notes 2012-01-31

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Wed Feb 1 16:05:13 PST 2012

On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 11:57:42AM -0800, Jonathan Lassoff wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 12:08 AM, Danny O'Brien <danny at spesh.com> wrote:
> > drama-o-meter
> > <---shannon at his best-||-----------------------shannon at his worst--->
> >
> > https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2012_01_31
> >
> > Highlights:
> >
> > * Austin hackerspace ATX hackerspace attempts to sneak its items into our consensus process! Sneeeeaky! Also, they welcome Noisebridgers coming to SXSW
> >
> > * We talk about the Rooster Brigade, our new crypto-fascist
> >  spy-in-the-sky don't-sleep-at-noisebridge overlords
> >  https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Rooster_Brigade
> >
> > * We had a board election. Don't vote for Tom! Results next week. If
> >  you're a member in good standing, you should have got a mail about it.
> >  You can still vote for the rest of the week.
> We're we not also going to have an executive vote as well?
> I think it's high time I pass the reins on to someone else -- I feel
> pretty bad being President/E.D. and being so inactive. Though, for
> some that's a feature and not a bug. :p

The deal is that legally the board is supposed to determine the
executive team (President/Secretary/Treasurer), though historically it
has deferred to the mighty Noisebridge Consensus. As you know, Jof,
because you were there (:)) agt the one and only board meeting we had
this year (whose primary purpose was to organize the elections for the
*next* board), the board talked about including the executive roles in
the ballot, but punted the decision to the next board meeting, which
takes place immediately after the board elections.

My feeling that this was a combination of laziness and a wish not to
just randomly decide something via the board that hadn't already gone
through consensus.