[Noisebridge-discuss] LEGO knitting machine

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Sun Feb 5 12:14:11 PST 2012

There has been some very interesting discussion about a knitting machine at
Noisebridge. I found that interesting and have been looking for YouTube
videos on the Brother KH-940 (etc.)

I also saw a Lego pneumatic engine as a recommended You Tube video and the
idea hit me. Noo..... Did someone make a Lego Knitting machine (I'm
thinking Lego Mindstorms). It seems that this has been accomplished by a
few people, but the videos have been moved, web pages moved, etc.

I am thinking that the mechanics of this, with the craft of knitting, and
the programming for us programmers would be a cross-geek-interest project
that may be fun for many at noisebridge.

Ideally, we'd want something that we could program for knit, purl
combinations, picking up stitches, tension during the stitch, etc....  But,
the basic idea has at least been approached...

Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter

-- Goethe