[Noisebridge-discuss] Access control & Safety, both personal and general space.

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Feb 8 11:32:44 PST 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Shannon Lee <shannon at scatter.com> wrote:
> I think the original idea was that you'd have a list of caller IDs whose
> phone would unlock the door.

Oh, right duh. Seems decent.

Another fun idea I've heard bandied about: use device descriptor
information of arbitrary USB devices. Most have some vendor IDs and
serial numbers that makes them mostly unique. Have a port downstairs
that you can plug a USB stick into.

I like the idea of methods of gaining entry that take a bit of skill.
This raises the bar for entry and acts as a bit of a filter against
moochers, and filters for hacker types (whom I'd love to hang out
with, but seem way too rare at 2169 as of late).