[Noisebridge-discuss] FBI stopped by and said Hi and that there was a cyber threat from noisebridge, Feb. 21 2012 around 9pm

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Sun Feb 26 16:08:09 PST 2012

Agents Gowri Sakas and Jon K. Chinn stopped by to ask some questions.  I
answered them completely and then explained the culture of noisebridge.  I
told them that we don't keep logs, our networks are open, we have public
terminals, we let everyone in, we have a public wiki, we have no hierarchy,
and that we have meetings on Tuesday at 8PM.  I told them that we operate
on consensus and that meeting notes are kept on the wiki.  I told them we
kept no logs of who has come or left the space.  I told them that
membership was not a requirement to use the space.  Culturally, I told them
that while we have a population of security academics and professionals, we
cater to all forms of creativity.  I said that we have had our own problems
with unsavory sorts.

They were very friendly and not at all threatening.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler - Albert
Einstein <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein>
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo Da
Perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there
is nothing left to take away - Antoine de Saint
Keep It Simple Stupid - Kelly