[Noisebridge-discuss] FBI stopped by and said Hi and that there was a cyber threat from noisebridge, Feb. 21 2012 around 9pm

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Sun Feb 26 18:43:05 PST 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> wrote:
> The problem is, we want to convey the following:
> 1. email admin at noisetor.net for issues with these IPs.
> 2. call $PHONENUMBER if that's not fast enough.
> 3. If you *must* go somewhere here's our Market St address.
> We've had two contacts so far where the results have been:
> 1. they email our upstream rather than us, delaying the response.
> 2. they call a different number.
> 3. they come to 2169 for issues about noisetor.
> I agree, clarification may be in order.  Anybody care to look at the
> whois info on aka exit-01a.noisetor.net and let us know
> how to make it clearer?

Well, FWIW, the whois record being served from ARIN lists an address
being 2169 which somewhat contradicts #3 above.

Perhaps much of what they do is automated parsing of this data, and
they just go for whichever immediately-subordinate organization from
ARIN is listed for the space.

It looks like is SWIP'ed in WHOIS from "Quadranet",
based in LA.

Perhaps contact them and have them add information in WHOIS for this
SWIPed subnet?
You're allowed to add a comments field.

I like what EC2 lists for dynamic space of theirs:
It tells you what information one would need to track down users, if
someone is going to compel the divulsion of it.