[Noisebridge-discuss] Does anyone want a Samsung Nexus S for parts?

Anders Nelson anders.k.nelson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 12:56:24 PST 2012

Hey all,

So  few weeks ago my pristine Samsung Nexus S got batted into a cup of
water by my roommate's cat. Apparently it was only in there for a few
seconds, and my girlfriend pulled it out. When I got back home about 5
hours later I disassembled it, took the heatgun to it and removed all
traces of water. The base area that fell into the water was a bit corroded
but looked pretty much fine and I cleaned it up best I could. It worked for
the remainder of that night.

Now it doesn't turn on at all, but I bet there's just one area that is
holding up the system from starting. Also, the soft backlit buttons on the
bezel never turn off.

That said, can anyone use this thing for parts?
Anders Nelson

+1 (517) 775-6129