[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Noisy Awesomeness
robertayoungchu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 16:54:40 PST 2012
Hello Noisebridge Community,
The intention of this email is to let the community know some of the
positive changes that have occurred at Noisebridge.
This is from my view point and I think that I am able to best give these
pointers as I am here the most (as I live two blocks away). I usually get
to Noisebridge at around 5:00pm and leave at around 8:00pm; yet it is
common for me to pull 16-24 hour days here-yes without sleeping in the
- NOBODY NO LONGER SLEEPS AT NOISEBRIDGE.
- THE DYNAMICS OF NOISEBRIDGE AT NIGHT HAS DRAMATICALLY CHANGED FROM PEOPLE
CAMPING OUT AND JUST BEING HERE FOR A WARM PLACE TO HACKERS ACTUALLY
HACKING AT NIGHT.
- THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE WHO WERE CAUSING THE PROBLEMS OF THE SPACE
HAVE BEEN ASKED POLITELY TO NOT CAUSE TROUBLE AND OR LEAVE.
- "PLEASE HELP KEEP NOISEBRIDGE TIDY BY KEEPING THIS AREA CLEAN" SIGNS HAVE
BEEN DEPLOYED ON EVERY HIGH TRAFFIC TABLE, WHICH CONTRIBUTES TO THE CLEAN
STATE THAT NOISEBRIDGE IS STILL AND HAS BEEN IN FOR ABOUT THREE WEEKS NOW.
- PEOPLE ARE CARING ABOUT THE SPACE (AS IT SHOWS PARTLY WITH HOW CLEAN THE
SPACE STAYS/PEOPLES POSITIVE ATTITUDES HERE).
- A LOT OF GOOD, QUALITY, PEOPLE WHO HAVE BACKGROUNDS IN TECH (SOME FORM OR
ANOTHER) OFTEN COMPLEMENT THE SPACE, HOW CLEAN, AND TOGETHER IT IS, AND
CONTINUE COMING BACK.
- THERE ARE STILL NEW FILLED OUT APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP.
- THE NOISEBRIDGE COMMUNITY AT LARGE IS A LOT MORE PROACTIVE AT DEALING
WITH SKETCHINESS AND OR SKETCHY/SKETCHY PEOPLE.
- IT DOESN'T TAKE RAYC A WHOLE DAY TO CLEAN UP NOISEBRIDGE BECAUSE THE
PEOPLE KEEP IT CLEAN (AS IT HAS BEEN KEPT CLEAN AFTER CHM AND BUSY
WEDNESDAY NIGHTS; EVEN 5OF).
- WE DON'T HAVE ANYBODY IN THE SPACE THAT DOESN'T CONTRIBUTE/HACK/LEARN.
- I'VE SPOKEN WITH QUITE A FEW PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW TECH BUT USE THE SPACE
A LOT, AND ARE ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT LEARNING DIFFERENT THINGS.
- WE HAVE PROFESSIONALS WHO ATTEND SOWING CRAFTING OR WHATEVER AND LOVE
- IT HAD TAKEN ONLY AN HOUR TO SET UP FOR THE 150 PEOPLE AYAHUASCA EVENT,
AND EVEN AFTER THAT NOISEBRIDGE WAS STILL LEFT IN AN IMMACULATE STATE. COOL
PEOPLE FROM THAT EVENT HAVE EVEN COME BACK TO LASER, DONATE ELECTRONICS,
In addition, I am still working with everybody and am openly communicating
about the Faux_pas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faux_pas that I performed
by moving the member shelves; however the focus of this email is to shed
some light on the negativity at large that I feel is because of the state
of what Noisebridge has been in and not the new state that Noisebridge is
in now; which to me is a healthier community state in which people can
actually come back to Noisebridge to Hack.
So come to or come back to Noisebridge to hack.
My name is Rayc and I hack from San Francisco's very own Hackerspace
Noisebridge and with the Noisebridge Community.
AND... I would like to personally like to thank all of the members,
supporters, and past supporters, creating such an awesome hackerspace. As
it has been said that despite the drama "Noisebridge is the best
hackerspace on the West Coast."
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Noisebridge-discuss