[Noisebridge-discuss] Who's In Charge of Noisebridge?

Cameron Hackett camhkt at gmail.com
Sun May 6 13:13:54 PDT 2012

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Jeffrey Carl Faden <jeffreyatw at gmail.com>wrote:

> Sorry to be so blunt, but are you for real?

Real as in human? Yes, I am.

> I mean, your name is Cameron HACKett

Pretty sweet though, right?

> and I don't see any mention of
> you anywhere online, and you chime in pretty much during the time
> where this list is most embroiled in a discussion about whether the
> non-conventional-hackers should be kicked out.

And I agree. Just make the place members only or put a functioning lock on
the door. It's really not all that strange, in the scheme of things.

It really seems like it's time to decide if Noisebridge wants to be a
hackerspace or a squat.
I personally hope for the former.

It's also quite obvious that, due to the place being open to everyone,
> you'll encounter some intense personalities. If you couldn't hack on
> the couches, or at the kitchen, you could have moved to the
> Hackitorium area, Turing, and Church.

Very true. I will concede that I've spent some comfortable quiet time in

> Plenty of room for all,
> especially when a class isn't in session. If you're looking for the
> "real hackers," attend a class or the Tuesday member meeting (open to
> all).
> I'm usually the last person to don the tinfoil hat, but I smell a troll.

Sorry, I haven't showered yet today.