No subject

Sun May 6 10:33:01 PDT 2012

f the exact model/ clock) HP Proliants, with a minimum of 4Gigs (even thoug=
h I think it was 8Gigs ECC, and Registered.)each. Some switches, and the ca=
binet its self. <br>
nd it seems that my estimate of ~$2,000 - ~$3,000 for all the gear is about=
 May 27, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Ben Kochie <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailt=
o:superq at gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">superq at gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote=
:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I saw the servers that were tossed. =A0It wa=
s maybe worth $300 total.<br>
And maybe $200 for the half rack cabinet. =A0The stuff was eWaste.<br>
$2000-3000 is an exaggeration.<br>
We didn&#39;t ask for server equipment at the space. =A0We didn&#39;t want<=
br>
server equipment at the space. =A0We already had two other full cabinets<br=

and a bunch of other eWaste quality servers. =A0They were all taking up<br>
space doing nobody any good.<br>
Donations are donations, noisebridge can do whatever it wants with<br>
them. =A0 We cleared out the eWaste and kept the good stuff in the rack<br>
closet.<br>
On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 9:38 PM, Robert Chu &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:robertayo=
ungchu at gmail.com">robertayoungchu at gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
ity.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I am writing this email on behalf of the good that there is in Robert =
2.0,<br>
&gt; and=A0 also because I don&#39;t think that he should be banned. Before=
 you become<br>
&gt; enraged with this email (or even annoyed), I encourage you to read on.=
&gt;<br>
&gt; I can only infer (from my experience with Rob 2.0) the situation is as=
&gt; follows:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; ******ROBERT 2.0******<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; - Is one of the best software hackers that I&#39;ve ever met at Noiseb=
ridge<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; - HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN DOWN TO TEACH AND HELP OTHERS with any questions =
they<br>
&gt; have. (As he only said know if he was super busy).<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; - Came to Noisebridge and crashed a couple of public computers (with t=
he<br>
&gt; intent of making them better- this was done do-ocrattically) also beca=
use he<br>
&gt; didn&#39;t know that it would be a problem to do so.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; - Had taken apart a couple of scooters (when I spoke with him, it was =
his<br>
&gt; intent to build a better one with the parts. I spoke to Rob about this=
 a<br>
&gt; while ago when this issue came up. It seemed that HACKING apart the sc=
ooters<br>
&gt; to make a better one was completely valid since Noisebridge is a HACKE=
RSPACE<br>
&gt; and it has been communally agreed upon that everything at Noisebridge =
is<br>
&gt; HACKABLE except the Membershelves.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; - Robert brought a cabinet of servers to Noisebridge, and was taking t=
o some<br>
&gt; people to do some awesome tech stuff such as clustering, and even teac=
h a<br>
&gt; class (teaching is most excellent at Noisebridge).<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; - Robert=A0 2.0 had slept a couple of nights at Noisebirdge (Before it=
 was<br>
&gt; communally looked down upon).<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; - When Robert 2.0 was allowed in the space he did make a lot of messes=
 that<br>
&gt; other people had to clean up (which is why part of the reason some peo=
ple<br>
&gt; got upset to the point of wanting him to not come back).<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; - He is a hard person to communicate with.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; - Robert 2.0 has often been coming back to Noisebridge for various rea=
sons,<br>
&gt; and has left every time after being asked to leave.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; ----------------------------------------------------------------------=
---------------------<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ROBERT 2.0<br>
&gt; - Robert 2.0 has been asked to leave the space and not come back until=
 he<br>
&gt; goes through a Noisebridge Moderation process (which I don&#39;t think=
 he wants<br>
&gt; to moderate with the current moderators).<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; - I would estimate that about $2,000 to $3,000 worth of servers that h=
e was<br>
&gt; going to donate to Noisebridge were pushed out onto the street (withou=
t even<br>
&gt; letting Robert 2.0 know that this was going to happen), and are now GO=
NE.<br>
&gt; That is $2,000 - $3,000 dollars worth of servers let the COMMUNITY kno=
w that<br>
&gt; this unjustice was done. IHO throwing away a hacker&#39;s hardware is =
a huge<br>
&gt; insult to a hacker. He could have been asked to move them out of Noise=
bridge<br>
&gt; if they were really that much of a problem.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; - I would estimate that the damage that Robert could have done to<br>
&gt; Noisebridge is at most ~$500 in man hours or whatever, where as the am=
ount<br>
&gt; of money he lost in the form of hardware is far greater.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; ----------------------------------------------------------------------=
---------------------<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; In conclusion,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; - Robert 2.0 is still upset that ~$2,000 - $3,000 in servers was just<=
br>
&gt; trashed without his knowledge or even being communicated to (TOTALLY<b=
r>
&gt; UNEXCELLENT IMHO), and the person who was responsible wasn&#39;t even<=
br>
&gt; reprimanded at all, just because he has been a huge part of the Noiseb=
ridge<br>
&gt; community.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; - I feel that there Robert=A0 should be allowed to return to Noisebrid=
ge, but<br>
&gt; only after we figure out what the problems that others are having with=
 him<br>
&gt; (AS ARE DOING WITH CYNTHIA),=A0 and work them out. I also am pretty su=
re he<br>
&gt; does not want to moderate with the current people that defaulted as<br=

&gt; moderators, and think that I would be able to moderate this situation<=
br>
&gt; because of my repor and relationship with Robert.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Let me get in contact with Robert and see what his goals are and what =
his<br>
&gt; expectations for being a part of the Noisebridge community are.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Since I am still on vacation from Noisebridge feel free to tell him to=
&gt; contact me if he shows up.<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:robertayoungchu at gmail.com">robertayoungchu at gmail.com=
&gt;<br>
&gt; Banning Robert would be another example of Noisebridge Hackerspace kic=
king<br>
&gt; out another %100 authentic hacker (probably one of the best in the<br>
&gt; Noisebridge eco-system).<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Please Noisebridge (at community at large) let me sync up with Robert =
2.0<br>
&gt; before any decision=A0 is even discussed. I would still be pissed off =
at the<br>
&gt; person who is responsible and at Noisebridge to if $2,000 - $3,000 (ma=
ybe<br>
&gt; even more) worth of hardware was just tossed. I also feel that that pa=
rt is<br>
&gt; being over-looked on Noisebridge&#39;s part (why don&#39;t we ban the =
person tossed<br>
&gt; his hardware to the curb?).<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Robert Albert Young Chu<br>
&gt; &quot;Keep hackers in the hackerspace.&quot;<br>
&gt; Rayc<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>