[Noisebridge-discuss] [conspire] SHORT NOTICE: LibreOffice and the Document Foundation bay-area event

Mike Higashi mhigashi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 06:45:41 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen <
bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:

> Simon and I will likely just find some Starbucks and meet there on
> Saturday,
> 2013-05-11 with a very ad-hoc announcement over our infra to start
> something up
> in true guerilla style ;) -- but, if you have some better location and
> maybe
> means to buzz this to the local community, we would be more than happy to
> take
> advantage of that. So: Any way you could support us in any way (including
> hinting us towards a better suited local partner, if needed) would be
> greatly
> appreciated.

A lot depends on what geographic region of the Bay Area you prefer.

There are a couple of hackerspaces that might work for you.  One is the
Hacker Dojo, in Mountain View:      http://www.hackerdojo.com/

I haven't been to Hacker Dojo, but I do know someone, Geo Mealer, who's
heavily involved with them.  I can give you his email address or forward
post to him if you like that location.

The other place is Noisebridge, in San Francisco:

I go to Noisebridge rather often.  The larger of its two classrooms should
available in the afternoon on Saturday the 11th.  I can post your message
their email discussion list, or you can join their list yourself
(high-traffic warning).

If you prefer to keep your get-together at a coffee shop, and since you're
using a Canonical address, you might try checking with Elizabeth Krumbach
of the Ubuntu California team.  Liz often arranges local Ubuntu
in a coffee shop.

Good luck,